Extra ‘Leaves Only’ Bins Now Available
Crisp air, bright colors and falling leaves — fall is in full swing in Salt Lake City!
But what should you do with all of those extra leaves?
- Place them in your curbside compost bin (i.e. tan can) for weekly pick up. Raking weekly should keep your leaves from piling up.
- Try composting your leaves at home with a backyard compost bin, or by mulching them into your grass, flower beds or gardens. Gotta love free soil amendment!
- Request an extra ‘leaves only’ bin.
Starting today, Salt Lake City is offering special ‘leaves only’ bins by request. Here are some quick facts about the program:
- Bins will be provided on a first come, first served basis.
- ‘Leaves only’ bins are provided free of charge and are intended to supplement resident’s curbside compost bin in the event of excess leaves.
- Bins will be collected weekly on your curbside collection day throughout the fall.
To request your ‘leaves only’ bin, call (801) 535-6999 or email SLCgreen@slcgov.com. Please provide your name, address and phone number.
Questions? Let us know!
One Comment Post a comment
wish we had these available!