Are you passionate about recycling and helping Salt Lake City divert as much waste from the landfill as possible? Do you have management experience?
The Salt Lake City Sustainability Department is hiring a Program Director to head up our Waste & Recycling Division (formerly known as the Sanitation Division).
This position reports directly to the Sustainability Department Director, Vicki Bennett.
We are looking for candidates with operational experience and a broad vision to improve waste diversion including business and residential recycling, hard-to-recycle waste, recycling markets and green waste composting. Read more
The SLCgreen crew is looking for a self-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our 2014 intern staff!
Please note that is a seasonal PAID position for 20-25 hours a week.
Review the job description below and email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, March 14th for consideration.
Job Title: SUSTAINABILITY INTERN
Job Code Number: 330066
EEO CODE: 6
Pay Level: SEAX
- Assists with SLC Green internship program, including development of intern orientation and serving as a resource for intern projects. Ensures advancement of intern projects through collaboration with interns and full-time office staff.
- Coordinates public outreach at community events to promote sustainability initiatives. This includes applying for booth space and scheduling interns to staff these events.
- Organizes and keeps up to date log of outreach and education materials. Requests print bids for projects and submits print orders. Contacts government agencies to obtain outreach materials.
- Updates sustainability information and events on the city’s website; responds to resident and business inquiries to sustainability programs; administers sustainability email list serves.
- Develops and coordinates the SmartTrips program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.