For the crafty and creative among us, we came across this excellent resource to help you “upcycle” your holidays!
Check out the “Holiday things” board from Unconsumption on Pinterest for projects that cleverly repurpose and/or reuse everyday items in your home!
A few of our favorites…
- 1. Holiday trees using old paint chips. Love it! Read more
Over the past decade, the day after Thanksgiving has come to be known as Black Friday. Heralded as the beginning of the holiday shopping season, big box retailers across the country open early and stay open late, offering special promotions and discounts to draw in shoppers.
If fighting the crowds isn’t your cup of tea, we’ve got some creative ways to spend your Black Friday. Read more
Thanksgiving is just around the corner! And we have some tips to help you “green” the holiday that is synonymous with giving thanks (and over indulgence).
- Stop by the SLC Winter Market this Saturday (November 23 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.) to pick up essentials like root vegetables (carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yams), hearty greens like kale, and specialty items like honey.
- Also check out Cali’s Natural Foods, a Salt Lake City e2 business, for tasty local produce (open on Fridays and Saturdays). If you need some inspiration, Buzzfeed has delicious vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes!
- What about the turkey? If you cannot imagine Thanksgiving without one, there are some great local resources for free range, hormone-free (dare we say happy?) turkey. Liberty Heights Fresh, a another e2 business, offers two choices, in addition to lots of other local veggies and specialty foods. Read more
Happy Halloween, Salt Lake City!
Tonight, think outside the candy bag with some creative ideas from Green Halloween.
A few of our favorites:
- Honey sticks
- Fruit snacks or fruit leather
- Mini granola bars
Check out the full list at GreenHalloween.org.