Here are some #EarthDayEveryDay tips for Earth week!
Monday– Meatless Mondays!
- Enjoy great plant-based recipe ideas.
- There are now 36 countries and numerous cities observing #MeatlessMonday! Join the movement!
- The controversy over the inclusion of environmental impacts and sustainability in dietary guidelines continues. A public comment period is open until May 8th.
Tuesday– Transportation Tuesdays
- Try biking, walking or taking public transportation on Tuesdays!
- Explore some bike-commuting tips.
- Never ridden TRAX? Try the Free Fare Zone!
Wednesday– Wildlife Wednesdays
- Get outside! Take a walk along the Jordan River and notice the birds. Learn more about common birds along the Jordan River.
- Reap the benefits of kids spending time outside.
Thursday– Green Thumb Thursdays
- Tend to your garden today. Or start a garden! Spring is the perfect time to plant in Salt Lake City!
- Need gardening space? Consider community gardening!
Friday– Idle Free Fridays
- Plan your errands together to save time and emissions, and turn off your car while waiting to pick up someone or while at the bank or drive thru!
- “In Utah, mobile sources are the primary contributor to our poor air quality, contributing 57% of the overall PM2.5.”
Saturday– Crafty Saturday- Reduce, Reuse, Recycle!
- Go to a yard sale, host a clothing swap, find a new use for something you were going to throw away, buy a used item instead of a new item!
- Crafty Saturday upcycle ideas!
Sunday– Solar SUNdays
- Try to abstain from using one thing that depends on fossil fuels today (like your car or heater)!
- Learn something new about solar power today:
Happy Earth Day from SLCgreen! #EarthDayEveryDay