Riverfest 2017 is Right Around the Corner!
The Get into the River Festival is a month-long series of community events centered on the Jordan River and Jordan River Parkway.
This Saturday, September 23, the Festival brings together the community, businesses and local governments to celebrate, restore, explore and recreate on the Jordan River corridor.
Thousands of people each year turn out to celebrate the many wonderful things the river has to offer as well as volunteer to help clean up and restore the river to make it a destination to enjoy for generations to come.
The festival will run from 3 until 7 PM. At 6:30 PM the main event, the Ducky Derby Dash, will be happening in the river. Check out the details on Facebook!
Riverfest is a family-friendly event with lots of fun activities! Here’s a selection of vendors and activities:
- Hawkwatch – Come meet Artemis the Owl and other raptors.
- SLC Bicycle Collective – Hop on a bike and take a ride down the Jordan River – if it’s a great fit, take it home after Adoption Papers are signed!
- Splore – Canoe in the river and paddleboard.
- Utah Animal Adoption – Take a walk with a shelter animal waiting for a forever home! Learn about pet care/safety.
- Utah Natural History Museum – Join SLC iNaturalists in a Bioblitz – see what kind of bugs live along the river!
- Pacific Heritage – Learn and make “huts” out of tree stumps and limbs.
- Nature Arts and Crafts
- Utah Corn Roasters – Have a delicious ear of roasted corn on us!*
- The Salt Lake City Waste & Recycling Division will be there to answer your questions about what goes in the blue bin– with fun and engaging activities for kids and adults.
And don’t forget the ever so popular Ducky Derby Dash– a race with, you guessed it, rubber duckies. The first ducky across the finish line wins a round-trip airline ticket from Delta Airlines!
*Utah Corn Roasters will be providing free roasted corn for the first 500 people, so make sure you are one of them!
See you on the river!