SLCgreen is Hiring! Deadline extended!!
Are you a people person that is passionate about sustainability?
The SLCgreen crew is looking for a self-motivated, outgoing, and enthusiastic individual to join our intern staff!
Please note that is a seasonal PAID position for 20-25 hours per week through August or September. Weekend and some evening availability required. Opportunity may be extended through December 2016 for 10-15 hours per week. Pay is $12.00 per hour.
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 9th, for consideration.
Job Title: SUSTAINABILITY INTERN (Paid Position)
Under direction of the Sustainability Communications Manager, supports sustainability education and outreach for residents, businesses and city employees. Assists in facilitating and promoting city-wide sustainability initiatives.
- Assists with managing SLCgreen volunteer internship program. Recruits, screens, and recommends interns and research projects. Provides training and orientation for interns. Collaborates with full-time staff to identify potential projects according to department needs. Meets regularly with volunteer interns to ensure the advancement of intern projects.
- Coordinates public outreach at community events to promote sustainability initiatives. This includes identifying and recommending events within Salt Lake City to attend, applying for booth space, mentoring and training interns on effective public engagement strategies, tabling and scheduling interns to support these events. Compiles post-event reports.
- Organizes and keeps up to date log of outreach and education materials. Requests print bids for projects and submits print orders. Contacts government agencies to obtain outreach materials.
- Assists in maintaining sustainability information and events on the SLCgreen website. Assists with SLCgreen’s social media accounts on Facebook, Twitterand Instagram, and develop posts for the SLCgreen blog (slcgreenblog.com). Previous experience with website management and social media is preferred, but not required.
- Responds to resident and business inquiries to sustainability programs; administers sustainability email list serves.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, public administration, communications or related field.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with individuals of varied backgrounds. Ability to organize work and gain support of employees, external customers and other stakeholders.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license or driving privilege card. Ability to travel to all locations throughout the City.
- Experience leading a team, managing a project, and public engagement.
- Good interpersonal and public speaking skills.