Green Thanksgiving Ideas
1. Planning your holiday menu? What better place to do your Thanksgiving shopping than at the pre-Thanksgiving edition Winter Market at the Rio Grande, Saturday, November 21st? Feature local food on your table this season. Utah growers will be selling holiday staples: onions, potatoes, carrots, winter squash, pumpkin, apples and more!
2. Try Vegducken, a delicious and beautifully layered vegetarian entrée.
3. Resist the urge to use disposable table settings. Have a dish-washing party with your guests. Many hands make work light!
4. Be creative with leftovers! Share them amongst guests. Re-purpose them into sandwiches and soups! Use re-usable containers for storage.
5. Compost and recycle. Remember plant based food scraps can go in the brown compost can!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.