Salt Lake City Once Again Offers Special “Leaves Only” Cans
(Reposted for 2015 fall season).
It’s that time of year! Autumn is upon us, and leaves are starting to fall in Salt Lake City.
Remember that you’re curbside compost (brown) can is the perfect place to dispose of your leaves on a weekly basis. If you have extra leaves, consider these options:
Try composting leaves in your own yard, in a compost can, or by mulching them into your flower beds or gardens.
Rather than a chore to be conquered all at once, rake enough leaves each week just to fill the can.
Temporarily store extra leaves in your yard, in a pile, or in a large sturdy container and feed them into your compost can each week.
If the leaves are piling up faster than you can handle, extra “leaves only” cans are available to Salt Lake City residents free of charge.
- Cans are available first come, first served.
- There is no charge for a “leaves only” can.
- Cans are collected weekly, on the same day as garbage collection day.
- When you are done, call (801) 535-6999 so another resident can use it.
- All “leaves only” cans will be retrieved in early January.
Order your “leaves only” can by calling (801) 535-6999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and phone number in your request.
More information is available at www.SLCgov.com/leaves.