Leaves piling up? Request an extra ‘leaves only’ bin in SLC
It’s that time of year! Autumn is upon us, and leaves are starting to fall in Salt Lake City.
Remember that you’re curbside compost (brown) bin is the perfect place to dispose of your leaves on a weekly basis. If you have extra leaves, consider these options:
Try composting leaves in your own yard, in a compost bin, or by mulching them into your flower beds or gardens.
Rather than a chore to be conquered all at once, rake enough leaves each week just to fill the container.
Temporarily store extra leaves in your yard, in a pile, or in a large sturdy container and feed them into your yard waste container each week.
If the leaves are piling up faster than you can handle, extra “leaves only” bins are available to Salt Lake City residents free of charge.
- Bins are available first come, first served.
- There is no charge for a “leaves only” bin.
- Bins are collected weekly, on the same day as garbage collection day.
- When you are done, call (801) 535-6999 so another resident can use it.
- All leaves-only bins will be retrieved in early January.
Order your “leaves only” bin by calling (801) 535-6999 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your name, address and phone number in your request.
More information is available at www.SLCgov.com/leaves.