Sustainability Position at Hogle Zoo!
Here is the official job posting —
Posted: February 20, 2014
Position: Environmental Coordinator
Utah’s Hogle Zoo’s Conservation Department is announcing the opening of a full-time position as the Zoo’s Environmental Coordinator.
The Zoo is seeking an enterprising and energetic individual for a newly created Environmental Coordinator position. The Coordinator will assist in facilitating the Zoo’s move towards sustainability. This position reports to the Zoo’s Conservation Coordinator. The Environmental Coordinator will be responsible for developing and tracking the organization’s carbon footprint, tracking environmental compliance, expanding staff and guest awareness programs and assist with the development of the Zoo’s Sustainability Plan.
This is a full time position compensated at an hourly rate with excellent rewards program including a comprehensive benefits package, work-life balance programs and opportunities for professional development.
Candidates with a bachelor’s degree in environment and sustainability studies or related field are preferred. Candidates with previous experience in an environmental related position are also preferred. Candidates must demonstrate strong organizational, communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills. Individuals with a strong working knowledge and dedicated interest for the concept of sustainability, awareness of the central issues and controversies should consider applying.
Additionally, applicants must be able to:
- Work positively in a team environment,
- Represent the Zoo’s mission in public forums,
- Be self-motivated, organized and reliable
- Be flexible and adapt to complex situations,
- Demonstrate strong computer skills in data management word processing and presentation software
- Work occasional evenings and weekends as needed
- Stand or walk for long periods of time, bending, stooping, and lifting of heavy objects (up to 40 pounds)
Anyone interested in this position should email a cover letter and resume to Liz Larsen, email@example.com, Conservation Coordinator at Utah’s Hogle Zoo, by March 15, 2014.