The Code Revision Project
Several years ago, Salt Lake City embarked on a ground-breaking initiative to incorporate sustainability provisions into zoning and subdivision ordinances. The project set out to revise and expand upon existing ordinances that were out of date and/or put up barriers to sustainable city practices.
The topic areas considered include:
- Transit-Oriented and Mixed Use Development (Ordinance adopted)
- Urban Agriculture (Ordinances adopted)
- Renewable Energy (Ordinances adopted)
- Accessory Dwelling Units (Ordinance adopted)
- Street, Pedestrian and Bicycle Connectivity
- Water Efficient Landscape
- Tree Protection
- Recycling and Waste Reduction
- Transportation Demand Management
- Outdoor Lighting
Several ordinances have already been adopted by the Salt Lake City Council, with a the rest making progress along the approval process. Get a complete update on the project on the SLCGreen website.
Questions? Let us know!