2013: The Year of the Bike
Salt Lake City has declared 2013 the “Year of the Bike” to recognize and promote the many bicycle events, programs, and infrastructure projects happening in the Salt Lake region in the coming year.
We caught up with Salt Lake City Mayor Ralph Becker, Salt Lake City Councilman Stan Penfold, UTA General Manager Mike Allegra, UDOT Deputy Director Carlos Braceras and several other community leaders at the Year of the Bike kick-off event to hear about what’s in store.
At the event, UTA shared two exciting announcements – buses will now have bike racks that accept three bikes at a time (expanded from two) and bike hooks will be added to TRAX trains across the valley!
So what else is on the schedule?
- The launch of the GREENbike, SLC Bike Share program in April,
- Utah Bike Summit at the University of Utah,
- Open Streets Salt Lake City event in May,
- UTA Bike Bonanza in May,
- The Road Respect Bicycle Tour in June,
- 5th Annual Clear the Air Challenge,
- And many more events to come!
More information is available at BikeSLC.com.